Here at Rayrigg Motors we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us;
- providing relevant information during any contract with you; and
- to contact you about any products or services that may be of interest to you.
The personal information we collect from you will depend upon the nature of your enquiry or the product or service you purchase from us. Typically it will include your contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address), personal ID documents, vehicle profiles and preferences and bank and financial details.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is one of the following:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- It is necessary to comply with mandatory legal or statutory obligations;
- It is necessary for Public Interest reasons;
- It is necessary to protect the vital interest of you or other persons, such as safety issues regarding your vehicle;
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as data controller; or
- Consent, whereby you have given us permission to use the personal data.
Personal information you have supplied may be shared with our manufacturing partners* and nominated partner suppliers* so as to maintain the ongoing safety of your vehicle and any associated finance agreement, warranties, insurances, or other products or services linked to your vehicle, or its future care and maintenance. We may also share your data where we have a legal or statutory obligation, for example with the Financial Conduct Authority, DVLA, our insurers or the police.
We take steps to ensure that any third parties we work with have security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely in accordance with the legislation. The security of your data is paramount.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation the data controller is R. Smith (Windermere) Limited (Company No: 00618090)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to: -
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If at any time you have any queries on this policy, wish to opt out of any communication from us, or wish for your personal details to be amended or deleted from our records, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to: email@example.com